Milwaukee, WI US
The HR Generalist is a key member of the HR team supporting specific projects and providing operational, analytical, compliance and tactical services. The HR Generalist will provide support to managers, individual contributors, and other entities. We are looking for someone with drive, passion, and competitive spirit to help maximize our Client’s talent management, workforce planning, compliance, organization structure, employee engagement and development, total rewards, and employee relations. Your motivation and interpersonal skills will be key elements to your success.
This opportunity is hybrid and requires the HR Generalist to be on-site at their MKE location a couple days of week.
- Directly responsible for company-wide administration of the Total Rewards program including Compensation, Employee Benefit and Wellness Program and tactical support of Company’s Safety Program.
- Policy development and documentation.
- Maintains knowledge of governmental regulations, reporting requirements and legal requirements affecting company policies and human resource practices to include Wage and Hour and FLSA regulations to ensure policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- Assists in carrying out the Administration of our Client’s 401K and Profit Sharing plans including audits and annual notices.
- Assists with the establishment of an in-house employee training system that addresses the company's training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation or onboarding, management development and the measurement of training impact.
- Assists with employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, and HRIS use.
- Assist in the creation and updating of Job Descriptions.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Assist Talent and Acquisition Director with recruiting efforts as needed
- Assist Employee Relations Manager as needed
- Backup person to the Payroll-HR Coordinator for payroll.
TOTAL REWARDS ADMINISTRATION:
- Administers all Employee Benefit Programs, including Health, Dental, Life, Disability, 401K and Profit Sharing Plans.
- In concert with the VP of HR, annually evaluates the cost of Employee Benefits, including health care cost containment, utilization review, and insurance claim costs and monitor the effectiveness of Health and Wellness programs on these costs and work with vendors on renewal/bid process.
- Maintains current knowledge of and complies with provisions of COBRA, FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, ACA, ERISA and other applicable laws as necessary. Files appropriate reports with State and Federal agencies.
- Administers Wellness Program ensuring timely notification to all employees of the yearly Goals and Objectives. Reviews and communicates participation levels and how they affect the Health insurance premium sharing percentage.
- Accurately manages the costs of the Employee Benefit Programs and processes/approves all invoices for payment.
- Administers COBRA, FMLA and ADA programs.
- Assists VP of HR with administration of compensation program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Assist with development and execution of comprehensive communication strategy for benefit programs to improve employee engagement and ensure understanding of annual open enrollment process and offerings.
- Work with VP of HR to analyze and administer the Compensation strategy for the Organization, including the structure, range to support strategic plan.
- Provides competitive market research and prepares pay studies to help establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain superior staff.
- Recommendation of yearly increase, monitors new hire and promotion levels and work with manager’s yearly on salary administration.
- Completes Compensation Logs for all new positions and updates accordingly.
- Responsible for participating in Annual Salary Compensation Surveys for positions below the Executive level to ensure competitive compensation practices.
- Create and distribute total compensation statements to emphasize the value to all employees of their benefit packages.
- In concert with the VP of HR ensures job titles/job descriptions tie in with the salary ranges.
Key collaboration with:
- The VP of HR to meet the goals of Total Rewards Program and other HR priorities
- Divisional and Corporate Departments in communicating Total Rewards Program and HR goals
- HR Personnel in helping to create a Department-wide effort.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Business Administration or related discipline.
- PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience as a generalist
- Experience in the areas of Total Rewards required
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to research, compile and interpret data in a logical format and perform in-depth analysis
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT:
- Timeliness of Administrating all Total Rewards directives/guidelines and strategies.
- Accurate/Timely competition of all required Salary Surveys.
- Meet all Governmental filing requirements.
- Maintain an up- date Total Rewards Programs as needed.
- Yearly completion and submittal of employee Total Compensation Statements.
- Knowledge of Payroll system and ability to process payroll.
Meet Your Recruiter
Nicole Mortell, CPC
Partner, Vice President of Sales
Nicole earned her Bachelor of Arts from UW-Oshkosh and began her staffing career shortly after graduation. Quickly, Nicole found her passion rising to top producer year after year and from there in 2006 she became one of the founding Partners of AllianceStaff. Today as Partner and VP of Sales and Marketing, she remains on the front lines of recruitment and client management, while simultaneously fostering the growth of AllianceStaff by identifying key business development opportunities and training team members to develop their own desks. Nicole partners with companies across a wide range of industries to understand their hiring needs and to help them build the best possible teams. She has been recruiting in Milwaukee for over 15 years and has developed a unique insight into the hiring needs of the local market. She creates strong business relationships, many of which turn into long-term friendships, attesting to the loyalty she has with her clients and candidates. She listens. She asks questions. And she understands that a great talent match never needs to be sold. Nicole intuitively knows when she’s found the right match, and her long track record of successful placements proves her skill.
In her free time you can find Nicole on the soccer field watching her twin boys play in rain, sleet or snow (true soccer mom!!), staying on top of fitness trends, checking out a new restaurant with her girlfriends, traveling with her husband Tom or snuggling with her baby girl Mariah (Australian miniature Labradoodle.)