Pewaukee, WI US
Our Client one of Wisconsin's largest general contractors/construction managers/design builders, is seeking a motivated individual to become an integral part of their Estimating Team.
Provide complete and accurate estimates for assigned projects.
- Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation.
- Prepare time, material, labor, equipment, and specialty cost estimates.
- Consult with clients, vendors, subcontractors, and project managers to discuss and formulate estimates.
- Develop preliminary project schedules to assist in the estimating process.
- Review proposal contract documents (i.e. specifications, drawings, etc.), attend meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Prepare detail estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Review and incorporate historical data as provided by project teams into Estimating System.
- Active solicitation of subcontractors, suppliers, and specialty contractors to obtain consistent competitive/best market pricing.
- Coordinate complete conceptual and final estimate strategies with Operations Department and Project management teams.
- Assemble and submit formal proposals/final bid, following established company procedures.
- Ensure all working documents and data are maintained to back up estimate figures.
- Work with Project Managers to produce written scope of work and assembly of proposals for budget purposes.
- Maintain good working relationships with the owners, architects, and subcontractors.
- Perform additional assignments as directed by Management.
Skills and qualifications:
- Comprehensive knowledge of drafting and blueprint reading.
- Considerable knowledge of mathematics, specifically algebra and geometry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Considerable knowledge of computer programs used in estimating.
- Ability to work accurately and neatly, especially under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Administration or related degree preferred
- Ten years estimating experience within the construction industry
Meet Your Recruiter
Nicole Mortell, CPC
Partner, Vice President of Sales
Nicole earned her Bachelor of Arts from UW-Oshkosh and began her staffing career shortly after graduation. Quickly, Nicole found her passion rising to top producer year after year and from there in 2006 she became one of the founding Partners of AllianceStaff. Today as Partner and VP of Sales and Marketing, she remains on the front lines of recruitment and client management, while simultaneously fostering the growth of AllianceStaff by identifying key business development opportunities and training team members to develop their own desks. Nicole partners with companies across a wide range of industries to understand their hiring needs and to help them build the best possible teams. She has been recruiting in Milwaukee for over 15 years and has developed a unique insight into the hiring needs of the local market. She creates strong business relationships, many of which turn into long-term friendships, attesting to the loyalty she has with her clients and candidates. She listens. She asks questions. And she understands that a great talent match never needs to be sold. Nicole intuitively knows when she’s found the right match, and her long track record of successful placements proves her skill.
In her free time you can find Nicole on the soccer field watching her twin boys play in rain, sleet or snow (true soccer mom!!), staying on top of fitness trends, checking out a new restaurant with her girlfriends, traveling with her husband Tom or snuggling with her baby girl Mariah (Australian miniature Labradoodle.)