Menomonee Falls, WI US
DO YOU develop a complete understanding of your customer needs in review of prequalification forms and as directed by the Estimating Manager for all assigned projects? Do YOU prepare accurate takeoffs, pricing, logistic plans, outside vendor interfaces, etc. as required in preparing a complete estimate. Do YOU execute a complete and professional written proposal that accurately conveys the intended scope of work and clarifies all necessary inclusions/exclusions as they relate to the Construction Documents?
If so, keep reading!!
- Review project prequalification data as provided by Sales and ask questions as necessary in developing a complete understanding of customer need.
- Identify client bid requirements in terms of the anticipated contract form i.e plans and specs, or design build, etc. Prepare the estimate and prepare the scope accordingly.
- Maintain a thorough technical understanding of all systems (ie: KK, PSG, etc.) being offered by the Company.
- Solicit and maintain relationships with key vendors to ensure accurate, reliable, competitive, responsive and timely pricing.
- Effectively communicate and interface with outside vendors (eg: cladding, steel fabrication, installation, etc.) in obtaining written proposals (as necessary) to satisfy packaging requirements.
- Solicit updates on market pricing trends from Chief Estimator and/or other sources.
- Develop a full understanding of site conditions and logistics of how the projects’ scope of work is to be executed. If site conditions can not be confirmed, be prepared to fully detail assumptions in written portion of service requirement.
- On bid projects, review the complete set of Construction Documents paying close attention to all areas affecting the company’s intended scope of work. In particular, study the technical specifications that affect intended scope, understanding and communicating all critical differences in the written proposal. Forward front end documents, prelim contracts, etc. to the appropriate parties, as necessary, for feedback.
- Contact appropriate vendors in a timely manner and forward necessary drawings and specifications as required for timely response. Discuss scope of work and key interfaces with vendors to ensure proper coordination.
- Develop a complete understanding of the intended scope of work and assemble an accurate material take off for the intended components, including all applicable accessories.
- On written budgets and bids, develop a complete and professional written proposal which fully details the intended scope of work and qualifies, as necessary, all inclusions/exceptions regarding materials, labor, equipment, administrative and contract issues. Include sketches or marked up details designating exclusions and inclusions to assist in better communicating scope.
- On bid projects, written proposals are to be completed 24 hours in advance of tender date for distribution by the sales group.
- Engage customers directly or with sales person in conference call, when required to do so, to better understand client needs or assist in explaining company solutions.
- Research and pre-qualify DBE, WBE, MBE and other disadvantaged business enterprises as required for appropriate bid responsiveness. Meet project specific, disadvantaged business requirement whenever possible.
- Assist in accurately filling out formal bid form as directed by Sales on sealed bids.
- On projects requiring bid bonds, solicit bond from Contract Administrator by providing all required paperwork required by the surety. Give 2 weeks notice whenever possible.
- Turnaround all service requirements in the intended time frame.
- Coordinate with Preconstruction Technical Support team in coordinating customer response and understanding technical issues (ie: member sizing, connectivity, etc..) impacting the project. Use appropriate approximations when this support is not available to meet deadlines.
- Maintain company assigned equipment in good working condition at all times.
- Keeps company estimating data confidential and private. Do not disclose prices to vendors, suppliers or others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a structural focus or equivalent education/experience.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and architectural intent.
- Accuracy of takeoffs, area calculations and items routinely expected to be estimated or measured.
- Creative thinker with ability to make decisions quickly and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Organized and highly detailed.
Meet Your Recruiter
Nicole Mortell, CPC
Partner, Vice President of Sales
Nicole earned her Bachelor of Arts from UW-Oshkosh and began her staffing career shortly after graduation. Quickly, Nicole found her passion rising to top producer year after year and from there in 2006 she became one of the founding Partners of AllianceStaff. Today as Partner and VP of Sales and Marketing, she remains on the front lines of recruitment and client management, while simultaneously fostering the growth of AllianceStaff by identifying key business development opportunities and training team members to develop their own desks. Nicole partners with companies across a wide range of industries to understand their hiring needs and to help them build the best possible teams. She has been recruiting in Milwaukee for over 15 years and has developed a unique insight into the hiring needs of the local market. She creates strong business relationships, many of which turn into long-term friendships, attesting to the loyalty she has with her clients and candidates. She listens. She asks questions. And she understands that a great talent match never needs to be sold. Nicole intuitively knows when she’s found the right match, and her long track record of successful placements proves her skill.
In her free time you can find Nicole on the soccer field watching her twin boys play in rain, sleet or snow (true soccer mom!!), staying on top of fitness trends, checking out a new restaurant with her girlfriends, traveling with her husband Tom or snuggling with her baby girl Mariah (Australian miniature Labradoodle.)